- By: EnzGas
- Tags: Tags: Home Propane, Propane Gas, Propane Gas Guide, Propane Gas Tips, Propane Supply, Propane Tank
- 0 comment
Homeowners can face problems when it comes to heating their pools. The cost of heating a pool can skyrocket when electric heat is the only option. That’s when propane pool heaters can really come in handy.
Gas heaters can prove to be the most cost effective solution when it comes to heating your pool. It works by using propane to heat the water before it enters your pool. The propane heaters work in all types of climates and also provide a speedy way to heat your pool. The heater requires little preparation and allows you to heat up your pool when needed. Propane gas is affordable and convenient to use whenever you want to heat up your pool.
Why Propane Heater?
A propane pool heater works similarly to a water heater in your home. It burns gas to warm water from the pool pump, and then sends the warm water back into the pool. The propane pool heaters are an ideal choice for in ground and above ground pools and spas because they are:
1. Easy to install and maintain
2. Ultra efficient
3. Extremely durable and reliable.
5. Available in a number of sizes and colors.
Factors to be considered while choosing the Propane pool heater –
*Size – Just like any other appliances, propane heater is also rated according to their BTU outputs. The heating load of your pool determines how big a pool heater you will need.
*Installation and maintenance costs – The proper installation and maintenance of your propane pool heater will help it operate as efficiently as possible. With regular maintenance, your propane pool heaters will last at least five to ten years.
Benefits of Propane Pool Heater:-
1. Ideal for the Occasional Bather:- The biggest advantage of propane heater is that it heats up very quickly. Therefore, the water heater does not have to stay on constantly to maintain the heat in the pool.
2. Speed:- It is the fastest heating device on the market. The water heater will increase your pool water temperature by 1 to 2 degree Celsius per hour. This will not only save you time but also a lot of electricity.
3. More durable than a heat pump:- If you properly maintained your propane pool heater, it will last at least 10 years. The durability depends on your installation and most importantly the maintenance.
4. Energy Saving:- Since you will light your propane appliance a few hours before bathing, you will save a lot of electricity. But to reach the same temperature an electric water heater will indeed take more time and energy.
5. Efficient:- Unlike the heat pumps, the propane pool heater will heat your pool efficiently and quickly, even on the coldest days.
6. Safe and Environment Friendly:- The propane pool heaters offer you automatic pilot lighting control, which allows you to power your appliances on or off at a pre – programmed time or when the desired temperature is reached.
7. Multiple Connections:- If you have a spa in addition to a swimming pool, you can connect it to your propane pool heater, so that it can also benefit from its incredible heating speed.
If you live in an area without natural gas service, but want the comfort and convenience of a gas pool heater, you can install a propane gas pool heater and enjoy your pool.